Italy continued its blocking sprew with the addition of 6 more websites to the list. Italy’s Companies and Exchange Commission (CONSOB) announced that more websites offering financial services without the proper authorization have been blocked.
These websites are:
- Waltika Partners Ltd (https://imperial-finance.io);
- CobraCFD Ltd (www.c0bracfd.com and www.cobracfd.biz/it);
- Alfa Financial, Zurich Corporation and lsystems LTD (https://web.zurichcorporation.com);
- Energy Capital Group Eood (www.omegafx.io);
- Crypto Consultancy Ltd (www.cfmcapital.com).
The Italian regulator with the addition of 6 new entrants took the number of blocked websites to 83. But such was not the case before 2017.
Earlier it could only publish warnings about unauthorized operators. All of this changed with the Growth Decree of 2019. Under the decree, CONSOB can order Italian internet service providers (ISPs) to block websites in the region. This decree allows the regulator to take immediate strict actions against companies that do not adhere with its policies. Since, the decree the regulator has made it a mission with no compromises.