Just about four years ago, .TOP was made available for registration by ICANN and as of Feb 2019, this new TLD has clocked over $7.2 Million in aftermarket sales, a staggering 200% more than .Club that stands at $2.4 Million as per the latest data on NameBio.
.TOP is the second most registered new gTLD ever. It has been enthusiastically adopted by small and large companies establishing themselves as a top brand in their industry including the likes of Amazon, Apple, Chanel, Google, Lego, Yahoo and more, who all have their brands registered in .TOP .
This TLD saw a 128% increase in the number of sales and had an average price of $4,062 last year.
Patterns to look after/Where to invest:
- Single letter/numeric domains are the most sort after with an average price of 133.1K$. Top 19 sales of .TOP domains are single letters. The next priority would be 2,3.. letter domains and so on.
- Common noun domains are next sort after. Domains like cars.top, game.top. Bigger the industry and search volume more is the price at which the domain was sold at
- Numeric domains: .TOP is the 4th most registered tld in China, just standing behind .com,.cn and .net. With 30% of sold domains being numeric domains just adds an indirect indication of the penetration of .top gtld in China
Notables from .TOP
- Highest sold: b.top sold at 218,880 USD in 2017
- top registrations: 2,100,000 as of March 2018
- The country with the highest .TOP registration: China : 658 domains
- Top registrar: Alibaba Cloud Computing (net.cn) : 348 domains
- Total domain: 3,423,335
What makes .TOP top
- .TOP domain has still a lot of vacant space for keyword and naming possibilities
- .TOP is memorable and has a positive association. It’s a natural choice for an online project or a product, which is striving for the best and not stopping until it reaches the top.
- .TOP is a short tld and memorable. “t”, “o” and “p” keyword being on the same line of the keyboard, just makes the typing smooth.
Namestat, Namebio.com, nic.top